From: Robert Schetterer on
Hi @ll,
is there a way to overide
transport table for specific
sender domains

Backgound:
ich have two domains
which deliver out over a relay
by
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps,

also, there is a mailman list and virtual domains
on the server which deliver directly out

for known reasons i want to use some "slow"
transports for some outbound domians
but not for the ones which are in
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps

as i looked to the postfix doku
there is no way to goal this in simple way
( without postfix instances...)
can anybody verify that, or did i miss some
more easy possible way

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria

From: Wietse Venema on
Robert Schetterer:
> Hi @ll,
> is there a way to overide
> transport table for specific
> sender domains

Content filter overrides transport_maps.

Wietse

From: Robert Schetterer on
Am 19.03.2010 11:41, schrieb Wietse Venema:
> Robert Schetterer:
>> Hi @ll,
>> is there a way to overide
>> transport table for specific
>> sender domains
>
> Content filter overrides transport_maps.
>
> Wietse

Thx Wiestse for info, such was i expected,
in my/this case its no urgent enough
to fix this by a content filter

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria

From: Wietse Venema on
Robert Schetterer:
> Am 19.03.2010 11:41, schrieb Wietse Venema:
> > Robert Schetterer:
> >> Hi @ll,
> >> is there a way to overide
> >> transport table for specific
> >> sender domains
> >
> > Content filter overrides transport_maps.
> >
> > Wietse
>
> Thx Wiestse for info, such was i expected,
> in my/this case its no urgent enough
> to fix this by a content filter

I did NOT tell you to use a content filter.

I told you to use the filter FEATURE to override transport maps.

For example,

- A content filter of smtp:1.2.3.4 will send mail out via smtp to
host 1.2.3.4, overriding the transport maps, relayhost, etc.

- With Postfix 2.7, a content filter of foobar: will send mail out
via a master.cf foobar transport to whatever the destination is,
again overriding the transport maps, relayhost, etc. Postfix 2.7
supports "filter" destinations without host or port.

Wietse

From: Robert Schetterer on
Am 19.03.2010 12:42, schrieb Wietse Venema:
> Robert Schetterer:
>> Am 19.03.2010 11:41, schrieb Wietse Venema:
>>> Robert Schetterer:
>>>
>>> Content filter overrides transport_maps.
>>>
>>> Wietse
>>
>> Thx Wiestse for info, such was i expected,
>> in my/this case its no urgent enough
>> to fix this by a content filter
>
> I did NOT tell you to use a content filter.
>
> I told you to use the filter FEATURE to override transport maps.
>
> For example,
>
> - A content filter of smtp:1.2.3.4 will send mail out via smtp to
> host 1.2.3.4, overriding the transport maps, relayhost, etc.
>
> - With Postfix 2.7, a content filter of foobar: will send mail out
> via a master.cf foobar transport to whatever the destination is,
> again overriding the transport maps, relayhost, etc. Postfix 2.7
> supports "filter" destinations without host or port.
>
> Wietse

Hi Wietse,

Yes i see, tested, works like designed , but in my setup/problem
its not the easy solution i expected to use ( by whatever more
complicated setup solutions are surely possible !), the simple way would
have been
using FILTER action in smtp_header_checks of the slow transport
but it looks like FILTER action ist not possible in
smtp_header_checks ( which has good reasons for sure )
As i wrote , in this case its not urgent enough to fight
for other more complicated solutions,
anyway thx for guiding me to filter action

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria