From: rgn on
All,

Currently, the database owner is set to the person (to the person's login id
- sql login or windows login) who creates the database. In almost all the
cases, it is the DBA that creates the databases in our setup. So when “exec
sp_help” is executed it lists all the databases on the server along with
their owner.

As a BEST PRACTICE, who should this owner be set to. The problem with
leaving it on the individual users is that when the person quits and if his
login is removed the owner shows up as NULL when sp_help is executed. Can it
be set to “sa”?

Thanks,
rgn
From: Tibor Karaszi on