From: Jonathan Corbet on
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:11:26 +0200
Steffen Klassert <steffen.klassert(a)secunet.com> wrote:

> I'm about to write some documentation for padata/pcrypt.

I hope that nobody minds if I went ahead and bashed something out?

http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/382257/fe415ce242a12c15/

Comments welcome. I'd be happy to rework it into a Documentation/ file
if that would be useful.

jon
From: Steffen Klassert on
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:00:15PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:11:26 +0200
> Steffen Klassert <steffen.klassert(a)secunet.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm about to write some documentation for padata/pcrypt.
>
> I hope that nobody minds if I went ahead and bashed something out?
>
> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/382257/fe415ce242a12c15/
>
> Comments welcome.

I think your article reflects patada and it's API as it
is quite good.

> I'd be happy to rework it into a Documentation/ file
> if that would be useful.

That would be great! I'd be glad to provide you with further
information if you need it.

Thanks a lot,

Steffen
From: Steffen Klassert on
On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:00:15PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:11:26 +0200
> Steffen Klassert <steffen.klassert(a)secunet.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm about to write some documentation for padata/pcrypt.
>
> I hope that nobody minds if I went ahead and bashed something out?
>
> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/382257/fe415ce242a12c15/
>
> Comments welcome. I'd be happy to rework it into a Documentation/ file
> if that would be useful.

I wrote an article about parallelizing IPsec for the Linuxtag Conference
proceedings. This article covers also a section that describes the ideas of
padata on a formal level. I can send it if anybody is interested.

I'll send out the patches based on Andrew's review later today.

Steffen

PS: I'll be off for a week starting tomorrow evening, so I might not
respond during this time.