From: Alex K on
Hello,

Does anyone know if the python shell supports paging or if I should
look into iPython? Thank you so much.

Alex
From: Tim Roberts on
"Alex K" <spaceoutlet(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if the python shell supports paging or if I should
>look into iPython? Thank you so much.

"Paging" is an overloaded term. What do you mean, exactly? Do you mean
something like piping the output into "more"? The Python shell does that
for the "help" command, but maybe you could post a more precise example of
what you want.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: Alex K on
Hi Tim,

Yes I mean piping the output into "more" for example.

Alex

From: John Machin on
On Jan 15, 7:35 am, "Alex K" <spaceout...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Yes I mean piping the output into "more" for example.

Why don't you "suck it and see"???

E.g.

C:\junk>copy con demomore.py
for i in range(100):
print 'line', i
^Z
1 file(s) copied.

C:\junk>python demomore.py | more
line 0
line 1
line 2
line 3
line 4
[snip]
line 50
line 51
line 52
line 53
line 54
line 55
line 56
-- More --

From: Alex K on
Thanks John, but would it be possible to remain in the python interpreter?