From: b on
I have a vcr (NVHD636 ) with veq1657 remote control (not the exact one
that came with the machine) and it has TV controls and a 'TV select'
key below the main flap. Was wondering if anyone had the method of
programming it to operate other TV brands. Or knows which model vcr it
came with originally, so I can download the manual.
TIA
B.
From: Franc Zabkar on
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 05:35:01 -0700 (PDT), b <reverend_rogers(a)yahoo.com>
put finger to keyboard and composed:

>I have a vcr (NVHD636 ) with veq1657 remote control (not the exact one
>that came with the machine) and it has TV controls and a 'TV select'
>key below the main flap. Was wondering if anyone had the method of
>programming it to operate other TV brands. Or knows which model vcr it
>came with originally, so I can download the manual.
>TIA
>B.

Operating Instructions for NV-SD400 series VCR:
https://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/NVSD400%20book.PDF

- Franc Zabkar
From: b on
On Jun 9, 10:29 pm, Franc Zabkar <fzab...(a)iinternode.on.net> wrote:

> Operating Instructions for NV-SD400 series VCR:https://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/NVSD400%20book.PDF
>
> - Franc Zabkar

That's it Franc, thanks!

for reference: on page 34 of the manual. it's a case of holding down
'TV select' plus one other key on the remote for the tv brand. too
many to type out here, but here are a few:
ITT-NOKIA -5
JVC-0
TOSHIBA -8
SANYO-9
SHARP -INPUT SEL
THOMSON, TELEFKEN, SABA ETC -DISPLAY, CHECK, CANCEL, TIMER REC or EXIT
MITSUBISHI - MENU LEFT
HITACHI - 1 or 2
SAMSUNG- 4
PHILIPS - -/ON
SONY - +/OFF

note that though this remote was for a mono vcr, it can switch the
audio output of my stereo hd636 by using the unmarked key between zero
stop and videoplus buttons :-)

B.