From: software on
if your OS partition out of partition ,you can use partition wizard to extend the space large :

Disk is configured 2 partitions. One system partition and another partition (for data) next to system partition. Assume partition C is system drive, partition D is next to partition C.
1. Close applications running on D so that you don't have to reboot.
2. Launch Partition Wizard.

3. Right click the partition D and select "move/resize".

4. Position the mouse pointer to the right edge of the partition. When the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow, drag mouse to the left to change partition size.
5. Click "Ok". Partition layout preview will display an unallocated space is created between C and D partition.
6. Right click the partition C and select "move/resize".

7. Position the mouse pointer to the right edge of the partition. When the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow, drag mouse to the right to extend C partition.
8. Click "Ok". C partition is extend.
9. Click "Apply".

ssirman wrote:

OS Partition out of space!!!!
29-May-08

I have a server that the builder only gave a 4gig OS partition. Plenty of
space is left on the data partion.

OS partition is almost full.

What are my options to remedy other than building a new server, with a
proper OS partion size, and forklift the data.

This is a file server and drive is part of a raid 5 configuration.

Any ideas????

On Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:47 PM
ssirman wrote:

OS Partition out of space!!!!
I have a server that the builder only gave a 4gig OS partition. Plenty of
space is left on the data partion.

OS partition is almost full.

What are my options to remedy other than building a new server, with a
proper OS partion size, and forklift the data.

This is a file server and drive is part of a raid 5 configuration.

Any ideas????

On Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:57 PM
Danny Sanders wrote:

Move the pagefile?
Move the pagefile?

hth
DDS

On Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:15 PM
ssirman wrote:

Sorry...should have mentioned that was done.
Sorry...should have mentioned that was done.

As well as anything else I can think of. Got it down to the bare minimum.

At this point, there is either a way to extend this partion, or seriously
decrease the OS footprint....

What are my options?

Thanks for the reply!!!

"Danny Sanders" wrote:

On Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:32 PM
Danny Sanders wrote:

either rebuild the server or look into some third party partition software
either rebuild the server or look into some third party partition software
like Partition magic

hth
DDS

On Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:02 PM
leew [MVP] wrote:

Re: OS Partition out of space!!!!
ssirmans wrote:

You want options... I will give you options... :-)
http://www.lwcomputing.com/tips/static/bootdrivesize.asp

About 20 different things you can do to recover disk space.

-Lee

XAML Organizer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ac373a5d-e497-4e07-9186-12166e83a024/xaml-organizer.aspx