From: DIOS on
In VB2005 I have a function that takes an array of integers

Private Sub MyGroups(ByVal grpVals() As Integer)
'blah
End Sub

I can call the function no problem with two variables

Dim myvals() As Integer = {var1, var2}
MyGroups(myvals)

Is there a way to do this in one line like so
MyGroups( {var1, var2})

Ive tried various ways and searched for different approaches but cant
seem to find one that does it in one line.

AGP
From: Simon Whale on
look at paramarray

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 03.06.2010 18:16, schrieb DIOS:
> In VB2005 I have a function that takes an array of integers
>
> Private Sub MyGroups(ByVal grpVals() As Integer)
> 'blah
> End Sub
>
> I can call the function no problem with two variables
>
> Dim myvals() As Integer = {var1, var2}
> MyGroups(myvals)
>
> Is there a way to do this in one line like so
> MyGroups( {var1, var2})
>
> Ive tried various ways and searched for different approaches but cant
> seem to find one that does it in one line.

MyGroups(New Integer() {var1, var2})

Alternatively, if possible, you can declare a ParamArray:

Private Sub MyGroups(ByVal ParamArray grpVals() As Integer)

Call:

MyGroups(var1, var2)
MyGroups(myvals)

--
Armin
From: DIOS on
On Jun 3, 11:50 am, Armin Zingler <az.nos...(a)freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 03.06.2010 18:16, schrieb DIOS:
>

> > In VB2005 I have a function that takes an array of integers
>
> > Private Sub MyGroups(ByVal grpVals() As Integer)
> >     'blah
> > End Sub
>
> > I can call the function no problem with two variables
>
> > Dim myvals() As Integer = {var1, var2}
> > MyGroups(myvals)
>
> > Is there a way to do this in one line like so
> > MyGroups( {var1, var2})
>
> > Ive tried various ways and searched for different approaches but cant
> > seem to find one that does it in one line.
>
>   MyGroups(New Integer() {var1, var2})
>
> Alternatively, if possible, you can declare a ParamArray:
>
>    Private Sub MyGroups(ByVal ParamArray grpVals() As Integer)
>
> Call:
>
>   MyGroups(var1, var2)
>   MyGroups(myvals)
>
> --