From: Barry A&P on
i have a form with a subform and on the main form i have a toggle button that
locks the subform..
with this code
[Forms]![F_Parts_Search]![F_Parts_Browse_All].Locked = bLock
this worked fine until i found out that a record can be selected and pasted
but then because of a unique index on a control you cant move on and cant
edit the field with the unique index so youre stuck..

i cant seem to get the following code to prevent additions if that is what i
want to do?? i get a runtime error 438 "object does not support this property
or method
block is a boolean
Me![F_Parts_Browse_All].AllowEdits = not bLock
or this either
[Forms]![F_Parts_Search]![F_Parts_Browse_All].Form.AllowEdits = Not bLock

i cant use enable = block because i have a few double click fields to open
other records

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Barry
From: Stephen Raftery on

"Barry A&P" wrote:

> i have a form with a subform and on the main form i have a toggle button that
> locks the subform..
> with this code
> [Forms]![F_Parts_Search]![F_Parts_Browse_All].Locked = bLock
> this worked fine until i found out that a record can be selected and pasted
> but then because of a unique index on a control you cant move on and cant
> edit the field with the unique index so youre stuck..

You can prevent people from selecting the record by turning off the
RecordSelector in design view.

> i cant seem to get the following code to prevent additions if that is what i
> want to do?? i get a runtime error 438 "object does not support this property
> or method
> block is a boolean
> Me![F_Parts_Browse_All].AllowEdits = not bLock
> or this either
> [Forms]![F_Parts_Search]![F_Parts_Browse_All].Form.AllowEdits = Not bLock

try using xxxxxxx.AllowAdditions = not bLock

> i cant use enable = block because i have a few double click fields to open
> other records
>
> any ideas would be greatly appreciated
>
> Barry

Hope this helps,

Stephen

From: Barry A&P on
Stephen
Thanks for your response
I currently have the record selectors = false to keep access from locking up
however i would like to toggle them off and on when i un-lock the form with
vba but i get the same error 438 "object does not support this property with
a hundred combinations of the following two lines
Me![F_Parts_Browse_All].AllowAdditions = False
Me![F_Parts_Browse_All].RecordSelectors = Not bLock

This line works fine though.. so my syntax must be correct..
Me![F_Parts_Browse_All].Locked = bLock

Thanks
Barry