From: R.. Kumar 1.9.1 OSX on
Josh Cheek wrote:

> Anyway, if it bothers you, you can go put parens around it so it becomes
> yield(*args) and is not ambiguous. But you don't need to worry about it,
> look where it got those args from:

Okay, i've put a parens around the *args. I no longer get the warning.
However, why i did not do this earlier, is that when i was googling and
i saw the commit (change) for this issue, there seemed to be several
lines of change involved.

I hope i am not altering the behavior by putting the parens.

From: Josh Cheek on

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM, R.. Kumar 1.9.1 OSX <sentinel1879(a)gmail.com
> wrote:

> Josh Cheek wrote:
>
> > Anyway, if it bothers you, you can go put parens around it so it becomes
> > yield(*args) and is not ambiguous. But you don't need to worry about it,
> > look where it got those args from:
>
> Okay, i've put a parens around the *args. I no longer get the warning.
> However, why i did not do this earlier, is that when i was googling and
> i saw the commit (change) for this issue, there seemed to be several
> lines of change involved.
>
> I hope i am not altering the behavior by putting the parens.

You aren't, you probably see them because your warning levels are different
than other people's

$ ruby -we "def x; yield *[12] end; puts x{|n|n}"
-e:1: warning: `*' interpreted as argument prefix
12

$ ruby -e "def x; yield *[12] end; puts x{|n|n}"
12

-----

Also, I appear to not be receiving Brian's posts. I only realized that
anyone other than R. Kumar and I were in this thread by seeing Kumar reply
to him, and checking ruby-forum, where I saw that Brian had responded. I
checked my mail with the filter from:b.candler(a)pobox.com and don't have
anything since 15 June.

I'm on gmail. Does anyone else on gmail not see his posts?

Possible factors: I think he posted into this thread while I was writing my
initial response, because I remember clicking to have it show me what he had
said. Perhaps this is a gmail bug? I don't think I blocked him, I don't even
know how to block people, if I consistently get spam from addresses, I set
up a filter to trash their messages, but I checked my filters and didn't see
in there (plus it seems like that would be difficult to do by accident).

From: Jesús Gabriel y Galán on
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Josh Cheek <josh.cheek(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM, R.. Kumar 1.9.1 OSX <sentinel1879(a)gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Josh Cheek wrote:
>>
>> > Anyway, if it bothers you, you can go put parens around it so it becomes
>> > yield(*args) and is not ambiguous. But you don't need to worry about it,
>> > look where it got those args from:
>>
>> Okay, i've put a parens around the *args. I no longer get the warning.
>> However, why i did not do this earlier, is that when i was googling and
>> i saw the commit (change) for this issue, there seemed to be several
>> lines of change involved.
>>
>> I hope i am not altering the behavior by putting the parens.
>> --
>>

> You aren't, you probably see them because your warning levels are different
> than other people's
>

> $ ruby -we "def x; yield *[12] end; puts x{|n|n}"
> -e:1: warning: `*' interpreted as argument prefix
> 12
>
> $ ruby -e "def x; yield *[12] end; puts x{|n|n}"
> 12
>
> -----
>
> Also, I appear to not be receiving Brian's posts. I only realized that
> anyone other than R. Kumar and I were in this thread by seeing Kumar reply
> to him, and checking ruby-forum, where I saw that Brian had responded. I
> checked my mail with the filter from:b.candler(a)pobox.com and don't have
> anything since 15 June.
>
> I'm on gmail. Does anyone else on gmail not see his posts?

I'm on gmail too, and I see 7 posts in this thread: 3 from RKumar and
2 each from Brian and you.
It has sometimes happened to me that some people get flagged as
spammers by Gmail. Check your Trash folder, maybe Gmail is sending
Brian's emails there. Several times I've had to go there and flag them
as not spam.

Jesus.

From: Jesús Gabriel y Galán on
2010/7/1 Jesús Gabriel y Galán <jgabrielygalan(a)gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Josh Cheek <josh.cheek(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:55 AM, R.. Kumar 1.9.1 OSX <sentinel1879(a)gmailcom
>>> wrote:

>>> Okay, i've put a parens around the *args. I no longer get the warning.
>>> However, why i did not do this earlier, is that when i was googling and
>>> i saw the commit (change) for this issue, there seemed to be several
>>> lines of change involved.
>>>
>>> I hope i am not altering the behavior by putting the parens.
>>> --
>>>

>> You aren't, you probably see them because your warning levels are different
>> than other people's
>>

>> $ ruby -we "def x; yield *[12] end; puts x{|n|n}"
>> -e:1: warning: `*' interpreted as argument prefix
>> 12
>>
>> $ ruby -e "def x; yield *[12] end; puts x{|n|n}"
>> 12
>>
>> -----
>>
>> Also, I appear to not be receiving Brian's posts. I only realized that
>> anyone other than R. Kumar and I were in this thread by seeing Kumar reply
>> to him, and checking ruby-forum, where I saw that Brian had responded. I
>> checked my mail with the filter from:b.candler(a)pobox.com and don't have
>> anything since 15 June.
>>
>> I'm on gmail. Does anyone else on gmail not see his posts?
>
> I'm on gmail too, and I see 7 posts in this thread: 3 from RKumar and
> 2 each from Brian and you.
> It has sometimes happened to me that some people get flagged as
> spammers by Gmail. Check your Trash folder, maybe Gmail is sending
> Brian's emails there. Several times I've had to go there and flag them
> as not spam.

Sorry, I meant the Spam folder, not the Trash.

Jesus.

From: Josh Cheek on