From: "Sasa" on
Hi, when I try to install Horde on Windows 2003 Server when I try to create
a table I have this error:

MDB2 error: not found
extension mysql is not compiled into php

but is strange because I have installed php package "mdb2" with mysql and
mysqli drivers.
I have writed to Horde support but for they is a problem with pear and not
with Horde code.
I have verified with phpinfo.php and about mysql support I have this
result:

MySQL Support
enabled

Active Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0
Client API version 5.0.51a

mysql.allow_persistent On On
mysql.connect_timeout 60 60
mysql.default_host no value no value
mysql.default_password no value no value
mysql.default_port no value no value
mysql.default_socket no value no value
mysql.default_user no value no value
mysql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.trace_mode Off Off

therefore I think that I have enable the mysql extension of my PHP.

Thanks.

------

Salvatore.

From: Michael Gauthier on
On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 11:43 +0200, Sasa wrote:
> Hi, when I try to install Horde on Windows 2003 Server when I try to create
> a table I have this error:
>
> MDB2 error: not found
> extension mysql is not compiled into php
>
> but is strange because I have installed php package "mdb2" with mysql and
> mysqli drivers.
> I have writed to Horde support but for they is a problem with pear and not
> with Horde code.
> I have verified with phpinfo.php and about mysql support I have this
> result:
>
> MySQL Support
> enabled
>
> Active Persistent Links 0
> Active Links 0
> Client API version 5.0.51a
>
> mysql.allow_persistent On On
> mysql.connect_timeout 60 60
> mysql.default_host no value no value
> mysql.default_password no value no value
> mysql.default_port no value no value
> mysql.default_socket no value no value
> mysql.default_user no value no value
> mysql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
> mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
> mysql.trace_mode Off Off
>
> therefore I think that I have enable the mysql extension of my PHP.

Hi Sasa,

Try this script:

<?php

var_dump(extension_loaded('mysql'));
var_dump(extension_loaded('mysqli'));

?>

and report the results. There's probably something simple missing here.

Regards,

Mike

From: "Sasa" on
"Michael Gauthier" wrote:
> Try this script:
>
> <?php
>
> var_dump(extension_loaded('mysql'));
> var_dump(extension_loaded('mysqli'));
>
> ?>
>
> and report the results. There's probably something simple missing here.

the result is:
bool(true) bool(false)

Thanks.

------

Salvatore.

From: Michael Gauthier on
On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 16:02 +0200, Sasa wrote:
> "Michael Gauthier" wrote:
> > Try this script:
> >
> > <?php
> >
> > var_dump(extension_loaded('mysql'));
> > var_dump(extension_loaded('mysqli'));
> >
> > ?>
> >
> > and report the results. There's probably something simple missing here.
>
> the result is:
> bool(true) bool(false)

Hmm... you have the 'mysql' php extension, and based on the error
message you pasted, you are using the 'mysql' driver for MDB2. It should
"just work".

I've checked out the code in PEAR::loadExtension() and
MDB2_Driver_mysql::_doConnect() and don't see anything obviously wrong.
You could try this additional script to see if there's a bug in your
PEAR installation:

<?php

require_once 'PEAR.php';
var_dump(PEAR::loadExtension('mysql'));

?>

Regards,

Mike

From: "Sasa" on
"Michael Gauthier" wrote:
[..]
> You could try this additional script to see if there's a bug in your
> PEAR installation:
>
> <?php
>
> require_once 'PEAR.php';
> var_dump(PEAR::loadExtension('mysql'));