From: Greg Russell on
I have downloaded the "Kino" tarball from sourceforge.net and am
encountering compilation issues on CentOS 5.3. I would appreciate any
help or advice resolving the dependencies, please.

$ ./configure
checking for intltool-update... no
checking for intltool-merge... no
checking for intltool-extract... no
configure: error: The intltool scripts were not found. Please install
intltool.
$
# yum install intltool
---> Package intltool.i386 0:0.35.0-2 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: perl-XML-Parser for package: intltool
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
intltool-0.35.0-2.i386 from base has depsolving problems
--> Missing Dependency: perl-XML-Parser is needed by package
intltool-0.35.0-2.i386 (base)
Error: Missing Dependency: perl-XML-Parser is needed by package
intltool-0.35.0-2.i386 (base)

How, and from where does one install the perl-XML-Parser, please?
From: Greg Russell on
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:27:47 +0000, I wrote:

> Error: Missing Dependency: perl-XML-Parser is needed by package
> intltool-0.35.0-2.i386 (base)
>
> How, and from where does one install the perl-XML-Parser, please?

I'll add:

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install perl-XML-Parser
Warning: Cannot install perl-XML-Parser, don't know what it is.
Try the command
i /perl-XML-Parser/
to find objects with matching identifiers.
cpan> i /perl-XML-Parser/
No objects found of any type for argument /perl-XML-Parser/

From: despen on
Greg Russell <me(a)invalid.org> writes:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:27:47 +0000, I wrote:
>
>> Error: Missing Dependency: perl-XML-Parser is needed by package
>> intltool-0.35.0-2.i386 (base)
>>
>> How, and from where does one install the perl-XML-Parser, please?
>
> I'll add:
>
> # perl -MCPAN -e shell
> cpan> install perl-XML-Parser
> Warning: Cannot install perl-XML-Parser, don't know what it is.
> Try the command
> i /perl-XML-Parser/
> to find objects with matching identifiers.
> cpan> i /perl-XML-Parser/
> No objects found of any type for argument /perl-XML-Parser/

Something wrong with your repositories.

perl-XML-Parser

is available thru yum in FC 10.

Maybe the repositories you are using are in the middle of an update.
From: David W. Hodgins on
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:27:47 -0400, Greg Russell <me(a)invalid.org> wrote:

> How, and from where does one install the perl-XML-Parser, please?

See if http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=441498
helps.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

From: Keith Keller on
On 2009-09-29, despen(a)verizon.net <despen(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> Greg Russell <me(a)invalid.org> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:27:47 +0000, I wrote:
>>
>>> Error: Missing Dependency: perl-XML-Parser is needed by package
>>> intltool-0.35.0-2.i386 (base)
>>>
>>> How, and from where does one install the perl-XML-Parser, please?
>>
>> I'll add:
>>
>> # perl -MCPAN -e shell
>> cpan> install perl-XML-Parser
>> Warning: Cannot install perl-XML-Parser, don't know what it is.
>> Try the command
>> i /perl-XML-Parser/
>> to find objects with matching identifiers.
>> cpan> i /perl-XML-Parser/
>> No objects found of any type for argument /perl-XML-Parser/
>
> Something wrong with your repositories.
>
> perl-XML-Parser
>
> is available thru yum in FC 10.
>
> Maybe the repositories you are using are in the middle of an update.

FC 10 != CentOS 5.3, though perl-XML-parser is also available via yum
for CentOS 5.

--keith

--
kkeller-usenet(a)wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)