From: Simon@Gigatronix on
Hi all.

I thought bumping this thread and piggy backing the good info herein was most
appropriate for my query, which is as follows:

Within Dreamweaver8 - MySQL Connection error - Access Denied

I _can_ connect to our remote MySQL server using SQLyog [free MySQL GUI
client] ; hence, I've been all over the remote host access stuff with MySQL and
the server. Remote (and local via a putty connection) access to MySQL is ok,
but not using Dreamweaver.

I now guess that Dreamweaver's remote and/or testing server 'Host directory'
info is not valid.... and I've tried many combinations. The
"_mmServerScripts" has appeared locally, but hasn't reached the remote root
directory of the web site.

The FTP user login does have shell access and it's home directory is the root
directory of the web site. The FTP user was initially set up using Plesk.

The MySQL user does have remote access, as shown by successfully utilising
SQLyog.

I've reviewed again (and again etc...) David's notes here and in other related
threads, eg:

[q][i]Originally posted by: [b]David Powers[/b][/i]
Server model: PHP MySQL
Access: FTP
FTP host: <your ftp host address>
Host directory: <root directory of your remote site>
Login: <your ftp login name>
Password: ********
URL prefix: <the URL of your site>
[/q]When the FTP user logs in, it's root directory is the same as the web
site's root. So, what goes into the 'Host directory' in this case?

Simon

From: Murray *ACE* on
> [/q]When the FTP user logs in, it's root directory is the same as the web
> site's root. So, what goes into the 'Host directory' in this case?

Nothing. Leave it blank.

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

From: Simon@Gigatronix on
Thanks Murray.

Yup, I'd have thought so. I'd have thought that path / directory shown in
the 'Host directory' was relative to the ftp user's home directory, so only
needed details of a directory deeper or linked elsewhere. But, as I posted,
it's the same place.

... yet leaving it blank does _not_ work.

The ftp user has access but, hmmm, can it write to the root directory? I
_can_ write to the httpdocs folder (a sub-directory), as I've put files up to
the remote server. The '_mmServerScripts' directory is written directly into
the root directory by Dreamweaver using the ftp user.

/me goes to check the ftp users read/write authorities for the root directory
itself.

From: Murray *ACE* on
When you leave it blank, and connect to the remote site, what folders do you
see in the remote folder list?

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert

From: Simon@Gigatronix on
Yup, fair point Murray. Thanks again.

Just to be clear, not the MySQL connection of course, but the 'Files | Assets
| Snippets' connection with 'Local | Remote | Testing' views?

In that view I see all the folders in the web site's root directory. The same
list as when looking at the root directory at the command prompt. The same for
both remote and test.

So, the ftp user get to the right place, but can't write that _mmscripts
thingy because the root directory is " drwxr-xr-x 19 root root ... " It
seems that neither Apache or Plesk setup an ftp account to enable writting
directly into the web site route.

Other work keeps happening to me, else I'd have changed the permisions and
tested. I'm not very quick with Linux. :P

I'll post back how I get on.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Edit_Paste