From: Adam Richardson on
On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Peter Lind <peter.e.lind(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 July 2010 19:52, Adam Richardson <simpleshot(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> take

> id
> 1.0
> elements

> formally
> >>
> >> At the risk of injecting a little light into this discussion ;) note the
> >> list of elements in the excerpt Bob provided: a, applet, form, frame,
> >> iframe, img, and map. Almost all replies to date have referred to the
> name
> >> attribute of the *form elements*: input, select, and textarea. Two
> >> different sets of elements.
> >>
> >> As far as I am concerned, the "authorities" are free to remove the name
> >> attribute from the first set. I think it is safe to say that the name
> >> attribute will not be removed from the *form elements* anytime soon.
> >>
> >> For all with a holiday coming up this weekend, have a good one!
> >>
> >> Kirk
> >

> > Hi Kirk,
> >
> > You beat me to it, that's exactly the issue at hand in this debate. Name
> IS
> > deprecated (both in newer versions of HTML and XHTML) for those
> particular
> > elements:
> > http://derickrethans.nl/html-name-attribute-deprecated.html
> >
> > As Derrick points out on that page, "always read the specs carefully" ;)
> >

> That was pointed out more than a day ago ...
>

> --
> <hype>
> WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/plind
> BeWelcome/Couchsurfing: Fake51
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kafe15
> </hype>

Sorry, Peter,

I didn't realize you'd addressed this in a previous message. I saw the new
messages today and wanted to make sure the distinction had been made.

Adam

--
Nephtali: PHP web framework that functions beautifully
http://nephtaliproject.com
From: Peter Lind on
On 2 July 2010 20:03, Adam Richardson <simpleshot(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Peter Lind <peter.e.lind(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> take

>> id
>> 1.0
>> elements

>> formally

>> name

>> > Hi Kirk,
>> >
>> > You beat me to it, that's exactly the issue at hand in this debate.  Name
>> IS
>> > deprecated (both in newer versions of HTML and XHTML) for those
>> particular
>> > elements:
>> > http://derickrethans.nl/html-name-attribute-deprecated.html
>> >
>> > As Derrick points out on that page, "always read the specs carefully" ;)
>> >

>> That was pointed out more than a day ago ...
>>

>> --
>> <hype>
>> WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/plind
>> BeWelcome/Couchsurfing: Fake51
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kafe15
>> </hype>
>>

> Sorry, Peter,
>
> I didn't realize you'd addressed this in a previous message.  I saw the new
> messages today and wanted to make sure the distinction had been made.

And on that notion, let me apologize for my obvious overreaction. It's
great that people are so helpful here :)

Regards
Peter

--
<hype>