From: My Real Name on
I have a library that was built with 'multithreaded'. I'm trying to link it
with an application built with '(debug) multithreaded DLL'. After ignoring
default libraries 'libc.lib,msvcrtd.lib,libcmt.lib' I'm still left with:

libcimt.lib(filebuf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___pioinfo

Anything I can do to get this to link?

From: "Gary Chang[MSFT]" on
Hi,

Thank you posting!

>I have a library that was built with 'multithreaded'. I'm trying
>to link it with an application built with '(debug) multithreaded
>DLL'. After ignoring default libraries
'libc.lib,msvcrtd.lib,libcmt.lib'...

I suggest you compile both of your DLL and application with the same
version's runtime library(multithreaded /MT or /MTd), and don't ignore the
default libraries if you don't have ant particular reasons.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Community Support

From: My Real Name on
In article <SUJMltIgGHA.4688(a)TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>, Gary Chang[MSFT] wrote:
> From: v-garych(a)online.microsoft.com ("Gary Chang[MSFT]")
> Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 06:12:31 GMT
> Subject: RE: ___pioinfo
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.language
>
> Hi,
>
> Thank you posting!
>
> >I have a library that was built with 'multithreaded'. I'm trying
> >to link it with an application built with '(debug) multithreaded
> >DLL'. After ignoring default libraries
> 'libc.lib,msvcrtd.lib,libcmt.lib'...
>
> I suggest you compile both of your DLL and application with the same
> version's runtime library(multithreaded /MT or /MTd), and don't ignore the
> default libraries if you don't have ant particular reasons.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Gary Chang
> Microsoft Online Community Support

The DLL was supplied by someone else and isn't easily able to be rebuilt.
Any other ideas?

From: "Gary Chang[MSFT]" on
>The DLL was supplied by someone else and isn't easily able
>to be rebuilt.
>Any other ideas?

In this case, let your application compile with same runtime libraries
version as the DLL's(/MDd)