From: eduitnoa rubicubez on
Hello, I see Gavino is going out of Lisp.

Now I have some time to play with Lisp, it would be very
funny to make some project, game or anything in Lisp with
this group.

We could develop a game for beginners or something like this.

Who would be the captain, ...

Suppose we are in a ship, everyone describe an island, ....

(defun i-see-land (ship weather distance)

(imagine-and-make-a-story))

From: Rob Warnock on
eduitnoa rubicubez <rulilupy(a)gmail.com> wrote:
+---------------
| Now I have some time to play with Lisp, it would be very
| funny to make some project, game or anything in Lisp with
| this group.
|
| We could develop a game for beginners or something like this.
| (defun i-see-land (ship weather distance)
| (imagine-and-make-a-story))
+---------------

If you're interested in that sort of thing, you
should probably work through the example(s) here:

http://www.lisperati.com/casting.html
Casting SPELs in Lisp

or to read it all in one lump:

http://www.lisperati.com/casting_spels.pdf

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock <rpw3(a)rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue <URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403 (650)572-2607

From: eduitnoa rubicubez on

Rob Warnock ha escrito:
> eduitnoa rubicubez <rulilupy(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> +---------------
> | Now I have some time to play with Lisp, it would be very
> | funny to make some project, game or anything in Lisp with
> | this group.
> |
> | We could develop a game for beginners or something like this.
> | (defun i-see-land (ship weather distance)
> | (imagine-and-make-a-story))
> +---------------
>
> If you're interested in that sort of thing, you
> should probably work through the example(s) here:
>
> http://www.lisperati.com/casting.html
> Casting SPELs in Lisp
>
> or to read it all in one lump:
>
> http://www.lisperati.com/casting_spels.pdf
>

> -Rob
>
> -----
> Rob Warnock <rpw3(a)rpw3.org>
> 627 26th Avenue <URL:http://rpw3.org/>
> San Mateo, CA 94403 (650)572-2607

Condensed bad style.

Few people here to enjoy, funny usual trolls and flamewar, Lisp is
not difficult to learn, I wish it were
more difficult and more powerful. Learning Haskell but nothing new.
So looking for some magic, it
seems magic is only through hard work, but now on hollidays so no hard-
work, so no magic.

I have gone through pascal, modula, ada, prolog, lisp, erlang,
clojure, scala and the like. There is
nothing new. Perhaps a new parallel language Fortress or similar.

Reading some maxima code, there are not generic functions, not
filtered functions, many all do's and some loops. SBCL main
developers thinking about matrix multiplication, other about
statistics functions,
R clone. I would vote for some of the developers in this group
working on maxima to improve the code.

Reading usolve file, there are some funny comments, as it has to be.

Happy Christmas to everyone.