From: Jos Reulen on
have 8 signals versus time; would like to plot an overview of these signals; can do that with subplot command putting each signal in a single subplot
however would like to have optimal vertical signal resolution on the screen; subplot does not do this as regards the large non-used areas of the screen (for example upper and lower non-used ares).
Does anyone know a way to plot different signals with different vertical scales versus time in a single plot ?
From: dpb on
Jos Reulen wrote:
> have 8 signals versus time; would like to plot an overview of these
> signals; can do that with subplot command putting each signal in a
> single subplot
> however would like to have optimal vertical signal resolution on the
> screen; subplot does not do this as regards the large non-used areas of
> the screen (for example upper and lower non-used ares).
> Does anyone know a way to plot different signals with different vertical
> scales versus time in a single plot ?

Ready-made, there's plotyy() that would give you two axes so you could
selectively place series on the axis w/ the nearer range.

Alternatively, otomh two other choices --

1) Scale the signals to +/-N Std deviations and plot them that way --
linear transformation so relative shapes are same. I'm assuming don't
need the absolute values for this purpose

2) Draw multiple axes -- there's an example in the documentation on
specialized graphics of how

Oh, also you might check the code exchange and see if there's some
submittal that suits....

From: Andrés Suárez on
On 12 ago, 14:58, "Jos Reulen" <jphreu...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> have 8 signals versus time; would like to plot an overview of these signals; can do  that with subplot command putting each signal in a single subplot
> however would like to have optimal vertical signal resolution on the screen; subplot does not do this as regards the large non-used areas of the screen (for example upper and lower non-used ares).
> Does anyone know a way to plot different signals with different vertical scales versus time in a single plot ?

If you want to restrict the axis limits to the range of the data in
each subplot, use 'axis tight' in each one of them.