From: RickTheFixer on
Hi everyone,

I have combo system which uses both a pc and a hand held pc (Windows mobile 5.
0). On the desktop pc I can send email generated by my program. Can any tell
me if it is possible on a pocket pc?

I am using Visual Studio 2005 professional.

Thanks
Rick

From: Christopher Fairbairn [MVP] on
Hi,

"RickTheFixer" <u47880(a)uwe> wrote in message news:8dec224110fb6(a)uwe...
> I have combo system which uses both a pc and a hand held pc (Windows
> mobile 5.
> 0). On the desktop pc I can send email generated by my program. Can any
> tell
> me if it is possible on a pocket pc?

Yes you can achieve this in a number of ways depending upon your
requirements.

On a Windows Mobile 5.0 or above device you can look at the
Microsoft.PocketOutlook namespace (in .NET), or the COM based MAPI (native C
/ C++). This solution will send the email via an account the user has
configured in the standard Pocket Outlook mail application.

An alternative would be to use a third party library such as OpenNETCF's
Smart Device Framework. The latest version includes a OpenNETCF.Net.Mail
assembly which eliminates the need to configure a mail account (but you
still need the details of a suitable SMTP server). See for example
http://blog.opennetcf.com/ncowburn/2008/11/26/ANNSmartDeviceFramework23.aspx

Hope this helps,
Christopher Fairbairn