From: FKlusmann via AccessMonster.com on
Douglas J. Steele wrote:
>You sure Line01, Line02 etc are text boxes and not some other type of
>control and that they're unbound?

Yes sir, nothing on this test form is bound.

Also, I cannot figure the type mismatch in (new problem):
varResult = DLookup("[line]", "TextTest01", "[sel] = '" & selct & "'" And "
[lineNo] = " & ctr)

Thank you.
-- Fred

From: Marshall Barton on
FKlusmann via AccessMonster.com wrote:
[snip]
>I tried your suggested:
>[Quote]
>Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
[snip]
> Me.Controls(txtboxname).Value = varResult
[snip]
>But get �Run-time error �2448�: You can�t assign a value to this object� at
>the line
> Me.Controls(txtboxname).Value = varResult

The Open event is probably too early to set a control's
value. Try the Load event instead.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: FKlusmann via AccessMonster.com on
Marshall Barton wrote:
>[snip]

>The Open event is probably too early to set a control's
>value. Try the Load event instead.

I tried, but that does not work either.

I've about convinced myself that there is no way to program change in text
box names.

Thanks for trying!
-- Fred

From: Marshall Barton on
FKlusmann via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>Marshall Barton wrote:
>>[snip]
>
>>The Open event is probably too early to set a control's
>>value. Try the Load event instead.
>
>I tried, but that does not work either.
>
>I've about convinced myself that there is no way to program change in text
>box names.
>
>Thanks for trying!

Well, I tried, but your "that does not work either" doesn't
say much for your effort.

What happened? Did you get the same error? A different
error?

What code did you use when you tried it?

I have done this kind of thing many times and I suspect that
Doug has too, so, the devil being in the details, I'm
guessing there is still a probelm or two in your code.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Steve Sanford "limbim53 at yahoo dot on
You have double quotes in the wrong place. The line should be:

varResult = DLookup("[line]", "TextTest01", "[sel] = '" & selct & "' And
[lineNo] = " & ctr)

HTH
--
Steve S