From: g on
On 7/5/2010 3:00 PM, Salad wrote:
> g wrote:

>>> Have you even attempted to run the rowsource in the query builder? If it
>>> doesn't run as a query, why would you expect it to run in the form?
>>

>> It did not. That is why I posted to seek help to know what I was doing
>> wrong.
>
> Then you need to improve your debugging skills. I would have created
> SELECT DISTINCT [Table1].Column1 FROM [Table1]
> as one query and tested it and
> SELECT DISTINCT [Table2].Column1 FROM [Table2]
> as another and tested prior to asking.

Thanks for the hint. Next, time I will do that.

From: g on
On 7/5/2010 4:48 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:
> g<g_1(a)g.com> wrote in news:UxpYn.3428$Zp1.1266(a)newsfe15.iad:
>
>> On 7/5/2010 12:40 AM, Salad wrote:
>>> Maybe if you ask in 5 or 10 more Access newsgroups you'll get a
>>> definitive answer.
>>
>> As I told you before, I do it because some people read only one
>> forum and others another so I guess if I post in both, I can get
>> advice from both.
>
> Your assumptions are basically wrong. Since MS discontinued their
> news server/web-based interface to the Usenet groups, there is a
> very small handful of groups with posts.
>
> Even beyond that, all the Access gurus that I'm aware of were
> reading all the microsoft.public.access.* newgroups regularly, so
> you were much more likely to annoy by multi-posting than increase
> your chances of getting help.

> Really, at this point, so far as I'm concerned the only two
> newsgroups to post in are comp.databases.ms-access and
> microsoft.public.access. If you don't get an answer in those, you're
> not going to increase your chances by posting to one of the
> specialized newsgroups.

I was posting in those two groups(comp.databases.ms-access and
microsoft.public.access)and one of the group was in CC so the person
reading from one group would likely see that it is being posted to
another group and ignore my message when he retrieves messages from the
other group) and in Utteraccess forum. FWIW, sometimes I have received
quicker and more help there(Utteraccess) than here. No disrespect to
this group at all. You, Salad, John, James are really great helpers
indeed, but sometimes my post does not get answered here and there it
does. The vice versa also happens. When a poster posts, he needs help so
that he can solve the issue and move forward. Posting at
comp.databases.ms-access and microsoft.public.access sometimes takes a
day for answers(which is perfectly understandable as you all are
volunteering and have other tasks to do), but if in UtterAccess I get a
response quicker which helps me to move forward, I don't understand why
should that annoy anyone?

Again, thanks to all the generous commitment of time all the regular
posters of the comp.databases.ms-access and
microsoft.public.access provide.

From: David W. Fenton on
g <g_1(a)g.com> wrote in news:Z9JYn.5859$KT3.1550(a)newsfe13.iad:

> I was posting in those two groups(comp.databases.ms-access and
> microsoft.public.access)and one of the group was in CC so the
> person reading from one group would likely see that it is being
> posted to another group and ignore my message when he retrieves
> messages from the other group)

I don't see any point in the CC. Anybody who is reading one is most
likely reading the other, and I, for one, find it annoying to see
the post in both places. Of course, I could change my news reading
methods in a way that would cause the second occurence to not show
up (by reading one group, catching up, then opening the second
group), but I'm not going to do that.

While crossposting is preferable to multi-posting, I would advise
against it, nonetheless.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/