From: "David Stanford" on
On 2/1/07, Sergey Matveychuk <sem(a)freebsd.org> wrote:

> Murilo Opsfelder Ara=FAjo wrote:
> > Yesterday I had the same problem and garga@ helped me to solve that.
> > He told me to change my ports database to dbm_hash.
>
> It's not a fix really. A fix was committed.
>
> Well, it's worth to add a few sanity checks for DB. Really working with
> DB should be complete rewritten but I have a hard lack of time lately.

Thanks Sergey. Works now.

-David
--=20
[root(a)fbsd ~]# fortune
Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion.
Have you updated portupgrade to the last one (2.2.2_3,2)? Do it please.

--
Dixi.
Sem.
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 04:37:02PM +0300, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> Murilo Opsfelder Ara�jo wrote:
> > Yesterday I had the same problem and garga@ helped me to solve that.
> > He told me to change my ports database to dbm_hash.
>
> It's not a fix really. A fix was committed.
>
> Well, it's worth to add a few sanity checks for DB. Really working with
> DB should be complete rewritten but I have a hard lack of time lately.

Goood to hear thhere's a fix. What do I need to pkg_delete and
what rebuild? I have 5 FBSD severs that are constantly being
portmanager'd or portupgraded.....

thanks!

gary

Gary Kline kline(a)thought.org www.thought.org Public Service Unix

Gary Kline wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 04:37:02PM +0300, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
>
>> Murilo Opsfelder Ara�jo wrote:
>>
>>> Yesterday I had the same problem and garga@ helped me to solve that.
>>> He told me to change my ports database to dbm_hash.
>>>
>> It's not a fix really. A fix was committed.
>>
>> Well, it's worth to add a few sanity checks for DB. Really working with
>> DB should be complete rewritten but I have a hard lack of time lately.
>>

> Goood to hear thhere's a fix. What do I need to pkg_delete and
> what rebuild? I have 5 FBSD severs that are constantly being
> portmanager'd or portupgraded.....
>
> thanks!
>
> gary
>

>> --
>> Dixi.
>> Sem.

I did a portsnap, followed by make deinstall and make install on
portupgrade, followed by a portupgrade and was successful.

brian
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 11:55:21AM -0800, Brian wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:

> >>It's not a fix really. A fix was committed.
> >>
> >>Well, it's worth to add a few sanity checks for DB. Really working with
> >>DB should be complete rewritten but I have a hard lack of time lately.
> >>

> > Goood to hear thhere's a fix. What do I need to pkg_delete and
> > what rebuild? I have 5 FBSD severs that are constantly being
> > portmanager'd or portupgraded.....
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > gary
> >

> >>--
> >>Dixi.
> >>Sem.
> >>

> I did a portsnap, followed by make deinstall and make install on
> portupgrade, followed by a portupgrade and was successful.

That's what I did as a test. I've got that string aliased
as "kdr":). One down, 4 togo.

gary

--
Gary Kline kline(a)thought.org www.thought.org Public Service Unix