From: cinnie on
hello
I have a subreport in my main report's Page Footer. The subreport shows a
single column with from 1 to 5 rows. The subreport has a solid hairline
border that can grow. I want the bottom of this border to always be 0.5"
above the bottom of the main report's page. (When there are more rows, I
want the subreport to grow UP, not DOWN). Can this be done?

Thanks
---
cinnie
From: Marshall Barton on
cinnie wrote:
>I have a subreport in my main report's Page Footer. The subreport shows a
>single column with from 1 to 5 rows. The subreport has a solid hairline
>border that can grow. I want the bottom of this border to always be 0.5"
>above the bottom of the main report's page. (When there are more rows, I
>want the subreport to grow UP, not DOWN).

The page footer section can not grow. Uup or down doesn't
matter. Think about it, what would happen if the page was
formatted and there wasn't enough room for a larger page
footer?

And while you're contemplating that scenario, consider what
that would do to the KeepTogether properties. Access would
have to start the entire page all over, possibly moving all
the details to the next page so your subreport would be on
the page before the details. No way, is that going to be a
feature in my lifetime.

The size of the page footer must be determined (or set) no
later than the page header's events. So, if you can figure
out how tall the subreport will be before the first detail
(or group header, etc) you could change the page footer's
Height.

OTOH, if you can live with the page footer always being tall
enough for the maximum height of the subreport, you could
wait until the page footer's Format event to calculate
what's in the subreport and set the subreport control's Top
property so its bottom is at the bottom of the fixed size
page footer section.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]