From: Victor on
See http://ivasoft.com/selectivesendername2007.shtml

Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:

Attribute displayName is the name you see in Outlook.
04-Feb-10

Attribute displayName is the name you see in Outlook. displayNamePrintable
is the attribute I believe you set on the Advanced tab in ESM labelled
"Simple Display Name". I might be wrong, but it is there isomewhere.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

On Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:19 PM
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:

Display name problem
We have a client with several users with multiple mailboxes. They
need to be able to select a particular mailbox and send as that address. The
Exchange server is responsible for domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com
and all mail for those domains is routed into it. We have Exchange set up so
that a user logs on as "User" but also has full access permissions on the
"User-domain2" mailbox and "User-domain3" mailbox so that they can be opened
as additional mailboxes in Outlook.

The problem is the display name. They want the display name shown to
the public to be "Firstname Lastname" with no other qualifiers, corporate
names, or markings. However, it looks as though the display name shown to
the public is the same one that appears in Outlook, so that when they try to
select a mailbox, all the entries are the same, and in the folder list all
three mailboxes read "Mailbox- Firstname Lastname." Any suggestions? I do not
think separate Outlook profiles will work unless perhaps multiple copies of
Outlook could be open simultaneously (which I do not think is possible), and
I doubt that Outlook Web Access will satisfy them (it is Exchange 2003). Does
anyone know of a way around this?

On Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:31 PM
Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:

Outlook can only send mail from the mailbox that is opened unless the userhas
Outlook can only send mail from the mailbox that is opened unless the user
has "Send As" right on the other mailbox and specifies it in the From field
of the message. A third-party add-in product
(http://www.ivasoft.com/choosefrom) may be of use to you to do what you
want.

As to the format of the display name, I am not sure what you are saying, so
you might want to post that as a separate issue.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

On Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:56 PM
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:

Right now, the display name IS the issue.
Right now, the display name IS the issue. They want a different
display name to appear in Outlook than the one that the public sees. Of
course, I am open to other suggestions, but it is just one of those nagging
pain-in-the-neck things that takes an otherwise decent solution and renders
it almost useless. There is no problem sending the mail once they pick the
right sender, but since the display names are all the same, they cannot tell
them apart in Outlook in the From field or in the folder list, and they want
the names the public sees to be the same. I guess I have to post a screen
shot when I get a chance.

On Friday, January 29, 2010 12:06 AM
Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:

Try the Simple Display Name property, and note this:http://support.microsoft.
Try the Simple Display Name property, and note this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888416
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

On Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:26 PM
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:

Is this what is labelled "Display Name" in Active Directory?
Is this what is labelled "Display Name" in Active Directory?

nagging
they
list,
user
so
They
address.
shown
will

On Thursday, February 04, 2010 7:39 PM
Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:

Attribute displayName is the name you see in Outlook.
Attribute displayName is the name you see in Outlook. displayNamePrintable
is the attribute I believe you set on the Advanced tab in ESM labelled
"Simple Display Name". I might be wrong, but it is there isomewhere.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

Entity Framework 4.0 POCO-First development and POCO Template
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/488279c4-214b-47ef-b152-955f3795ee13/entity-framework-40-poco.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: Tracking Outbound Email
Next: possible solution