From: Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries on
On 6/20/2010 8:21 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick

Ok thanks Victor... I took a look at that, but I don't think that is
what I want... perhaps null client is not the correct terminology! In
this case, null client seems to be when the server sends an email it
gets delivered back to the server (to a different address, but still on
the same server). Perhaps my understanding of null client needs to be
improved.

What I am trying to do, is get postfix (running on centos-server) to
connect to a completely different server (mail-server). I believe it is
smtp and sasl that needs to used, but I am not not 100% sure about that.
In order for postfix/centos-server to connect to mail-server, it needs
to authenticate with a username and password. I do not know how to tell
postfix/centos-server where to put this username and password, and I do
not know how to tell postfix/centos-server that it needs to use them to
authenticate with mail-server.

There is obviously a step I am missing or not understanding, but I just
can't seem to figure out what I need to do to get it to work.

Thanks

From: Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries on
On 6/20/2010 8:54 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 09:51:28PM -0500, Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries wrote:
>

>> On 6/20/2010 8:21 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#quick
>>>

>> Ok thanks Victor... I took a look at that, but I don't think that is what I
>> want... perhaps null client is not the correct terminology! In this case,
>> null client seems to be when the server sends an email it gets delivered
>> back to the server (to a different address, but still on the same server).
>> Perhaps my understanding of null client needs to be improved.
>>
> No, a null-client sends mail to a different server, as shown in the
> example.

Ok, looking at it again, I think I understand that now!

But, how do I get it to send a username and password to authenticate on
that different server?

Thanks

From: Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries on
On 6/20/2010 9:06 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 10:03:44PM -0500, Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries wrote:
>

>> But, how do I get it to send a username and password to authenticate on
>> that different server?
>>
> http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#client_sasl_enable

Yes, thank you Victor!
I have been searching for 2 days for this information! At last I can
move forward!
Thanks again!