From: Uwe Dippel on
On 05/12/2010 09:27 PM, Jorge Andrea G Carminati wrote:
> Uwe: you may want to try this tip that I've got from google: http://www.bloovis.com/wordpress/?p=172
> HTH

I guess it will help. I have no access now, but I'll report back next week.
And I do like those kind hints about Google. ;)
My concern at searching however, wasn't the |"fetchmail: connection to
localhost:smtp [::1/25] failed: Connection refused.", but that it
happens 100% only when fetchmail is called at 5 minutes after the hour.
(Be assured it is the last time I mention this fact in here; except one
day, should I find out why this is the case.)

Thanks very much, everyone!

Uwe

From: Larry Stone on
On Wed, 12 May 2010, Uwe Dippel wrote:

> I guess it will help. I have no access now, but I'll report back next week.
> And I do like those kind hints about Google. ;)
> My concern at searching however, wasn't the |"fetchmail: connection to
> localhost:smtp [::1/25] failed: Connection refused.", but that it happens
> 100% only when fetchmail is called at 5 minutes after the hour.
> (Be assured it is the last time I mention this fact in here; except one day,
> should I find out why this is the case.)

Based on what you've provided us, I'd say that it fails at five minutes
past every hour because that's the only time you try to run it. Your
original post included a cron entry calling for it to run at five minutes
after every hour. I don't recall you providing any proof that it operates
correctly when run at other times of the hour. So rather than your problem
being "postfix unavailable at 5 minutes after the hour?", your problem is
"postfix is never available (but you only try at 5 minutes after the
hour)". Wietse provided a possible solution for the latter problem.

-- Larry Stone
lstone19(a)stonejongleux.com

From: Uwe Dippel on
On 05/12/2010 10:46 PM, Larry Stone wrote:
> Based on what you've provided us, I'd say that it fails at five minutes
> past every hour because that's the only time you try to run it.

Spot on and brown bag for me.
Of course, it used to be

*/5

until I carelessly dropped some characters with all my recent experimentation :(
So it did only read the mail once per hour recently, and found lack of IPv6.

My excuses for the noise.

Uwe