From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby on
Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I use a Postfix 2.5.5, the one embeded in Debian Lenny.
I have to physically move the server to another hardware.

The server IP wont be the same (it doesn't matter, may be).

It's a receiving server so I dont want the move to generate greylist,
in order to disturb the least our users.

What would be your recommended way to copy greylisting informations?
- hard copying /var/lib/postgrey/ content
- scripting something (Perl with what modules?) to dump and restore db
files?

Here is the /var/lib/postgrey/ structure in here:

/var/lib/postgrey/
|-- __db.001
|-- __db.002
|-- __db.003
|-- __db.004
|-- __db.005
|-- log.0000000054
|-- postgrey.db
|-- postgrey.lock
`-- postgrey_clients.db

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

+261 3456 000 19

From: Bas Mevissen on

On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:46:14 +0300, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina(a)gulfsat.mg> wrote:

> What would be your recommended way to copy greylisting informations?
> - hard copying /var/lib/postgrey/ content
> - scripting something (Perl with what modules?) to dump and restore db
> files?

As long as the postgrey program version does not differ wildly, I would
copy the database files.

Regards,

--
Bas.

From: lst_hoe02 on
Zitat von Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina(a)gulfsat.mg>:

> Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,
>
> I use a Postfix 2.5.5, the one embeded in Debian Lenny.
> I have to physically move the server to another hardware.
>
> The server IP wont be the same (it doesn't matter, may be).
>
> It's a receiving server so I dont want the move to generate greylist,
> in order to disturb the least our users.
>
> What would be your recommended way to copy greylisting informations?
> - hard copying /var/lib/postgrey/ content
> - scripting something (Perl with what modules?) to dump and restore db
> files?
>
> Here is the /var/lib/postgrey/ structure in here:
>
> /var/lib/postgrey/
> |-- __db.001
> |-- __db.002
> |-- __db.003
> |-- __db.004
> |-- __db.005
> |-- log.0000000054
> |-- postgrey.db
> |-- postgrey.lock
> `-- postgrey_clients.db

The limiting factor is the berkeley db version used by the new server.
To be safe you can try dump and restore, but maybe a copy of the files
and db_upgrade would be sufficient. Either way you should keep a
backup of the db files around.
I would do a dump while the old server is running and a restore on the
new server not yet in production. You will loose some entries this way
but this should not be a problem after all.

Regards

Andreas