From: Josh Cason on
A while back I changed my aliases to use the mysql database. Well I
thought everything was fine until I had a changed and relized the
postmaster address was not working. Okay no problem I'll just link a
postmaster address to the support account of my system. Well that is
great if I send a mail to post master. But when postfix has a issue.
It sends it to postmaster(a)primary.domainname.com instead of
postmaster(a)domainname.com. I have two servers and so ofcourse the
other one doesn't work either. secondary.domainname.com. as it goes.
So all I get is a user not found.

Thanks,

Josh

dangerous content by Mychoice, and is
believed to be clean.

From: Gary Smith on
> A while back I changed my aliases to use the mysql database. Well I
> thought everything was fine until I had a changed and relized the
> postmaster address was not working. Okay no problem I'll just link a
> postmaster address to the support account of my system. Well that is
> great if I send a mail to post master. But when postfix has a issue.
> It sends it to postmaster(a)primary.domainname.com instead of
> postmaster(a)domainname.com. I have two servers and so ofcourse the
> other one doesn't work either. secondary.domainname.com. as it goes.
> So all I get is a user not found.

For our servers using mysql mapping, I have a hash map prior to the mysql map, so I can map out critical accounts (such as abuse/postmaster/etc). This way if mysql is offline, the critical emails come through (include the system alerts).

Hope that helps...