From: Josh Cason on
reject unverified sender is nice way to block spam. But it also blocks
my other servers that really are not e-mail servers. I have tried to
get around this with no luck. I have two backup servers that are not
really e-mail servers. There is no route to them but they do send out
information via sendmail. I would like to override the address not
using the ip but the name it is sent from. (root(a)priback.mydomain.com)
as the example address goes. But when I put it in the client_access
list. It still tries to verify the sender. I know this is the issue
since when I remove the reject unverfied sender the mail goes through.

Thanks,

Josh

dangerous content by Mychoice, and is
believed to be clean.

From: Charles Marcus on
On 2010-05-18 6:44 PM, Josh Cason wrote:
> reject unverified sender is nice way to block spam.

It's also considered abuse by most mail admins and if your server is
anything other than a vanity server - meaning, handles real mail of any
volume - you will most likely eventually end up on black lists for it.

You should only do SAV selectively, on systems under your control, or
from select systems where you have gotten permission from them ahead of
time to do it.

> But it also blocks my other servers that really are not e-mail
> servers. I have tried to get around this with no luck. I have two
> backup servers that are not really e-mail servers. There is no route
> to them but they do send out information via sendmail. I would like
> to override the address not using the ip but the name it is sent
> from. (root(a)priback.mydomain.com) as the example address goes.

Bad idea imho... use smtp_auth...

> But when I put it in the client_access list. It still tries to verify
> the sender.

? Client = IP/host, sender = envelope mail from.

> I know this is the issue since when I remove the reject unverfied
> sender the mail goes through.

Per the welcome message you received when you joined the list:

TO REPORT A PROBLEM see:

This means, at a minimum, postfix version, output of postconf -n and
unedited NON-verbose logs exhibiting the problem...

--

Best regards,

Charles