From: "Roderick A. Anderson" on
Wietse Venema wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson:

>>> That makes sense. I was just looking for a way to provide some "shared
>>> knowledge" among the servers in the cluster.
>> Run a cron job that checks for changes in the RDBMS and then rebuilds
>> the postscreen_cache_map "files" if needed.
>
> That implies shared access to the postscreen_cache_map _file_,
> and is not supported.

My bad. I was thinking how I keep the relay and transport maps up to
date on MX servers. The data is in a MSSQL table and each spool
rebuilds it's (hashed) maps when told to.

\\||/
Rod

From: lst_hoe02 on
Zitat von Robert Schetterer <robert(a)schetterer.org>:

> Am 28.05.2010 14:13, schrieb lst_hoe02(a)kwsoft.de:
>> Zitat von LuKreme <kremels(a)kreme.com>:

>>> That's just … silly

>>> Really? How much legit mail hits zen's rbl (hint, the number rhymes
>>> with "hero").
>>
>> Hm. The infamous dispute with the austrian NIC comes to mind...
>> We have throw out all spamhaus.org related blacklists since then.
>>
>> Regards
>
> whatever if you do selective rbl checks, you will nearly never get into
> trouble, after all there is a lot checks which you can do before rbls
> so not much leaves to spamhouse, not using them in any way is not really
> clever, if you like a rbl advanced configurable modus try policy-weight
> which you can also use selective and/or with whitelisting etc
>
> by the way its up to what your using, but i would miss rbls
> in my antispam chain

My only intention was to point out that the FP rate is sometimes a
"point of view". We also use RBLs but not Spamhaus any more and for
sure everyone should carefully choose before using one and monitor the
results.

Regards

Andreas