From: ~hp-hdx~ on
Hi,
I set up the laptop with the restore disks, and had a lot of trouble getting
through them, but eventually, I did.
This is a friend's laptop, not mine. A couple of times during this
adventure, it just dropped stone dead.
Pressing the reset button on the bottom of it made it rejoine the land of
the living. XP is now fully updated,
validated, and running the way it should, however, although My Computer
shows the optical drive, it doesn't
read disks. I've reloaded the driver a few times to no avail.
Questions: what causes the sytem to shut down in a way that the reset
button is the only way to wake it up again?
Could the optical drive have anything to do with that?
Thanks for any ideas.
Al

Pages: 1
Prev: Quirky USB