From: Andrea Giammarchi on
On May 24, 9:31 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> a CGI script for every static file

hey ... pssssssssssss, CGI understands requestes, the link you have
skipped uses *one* file for whatever you want to serve ... but please
keep talking about something you did not get, it's fun tho ;-)

Br,
Andrea Giammarchi
From: David Mark on
Andrea Giammarchi wrote:
> On May 24, 9:31 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> And you have to configure the server to do that, which my host does not
>> allow. End of story (I hope).
>>

> I stopped here ... hey ... psssssssssssssssss, the link you have
> skipped, provides everything via PHP, easy to reproduce the same
> serving logic with whatever other server side programming language, JS
> included.

I'm sure it is easy. I just don't care to bother with it. Thanks!

> Have Fun skipping things setting up your server when it's not
> necessary ;-)

Mad as a mongoose.
From: David Mark on
Andrea Giammarchi wrote:
> On May 24, 9:31 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> a CGI script for every static file

Nice quote. :)

> hey ... pssssssssssss, CGI understands requestes, the link you have
> skipped uses *one* file for whatever you want to serve ... but please
> keep talking about something you did not get, it's fun tho ;-)

I don't care what your PHP script does as my account does not use PHP.
Thanks anyway!
From: nick on
On May 24, 3:56 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't care what your PHP script does as my account does not use PHP.
> Thanks anyway!

You should sign up for my hosting services. But it won't be cheap!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. But seriously, I've got another dedicated
server going up tomorrow... if you want a spot on it let me know,
we'll work out a good rate.
From: David Mark on
nick wrote:
> On May 24, 3:56 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't care what your PHP script does as my account does not use PHP.
>> Thanks anyway!
>
> You should sign up for my hosting services. But it won't be cheap!

Hosting is a commodity. If it ain't cheap, nobody is going to buy it.

> Sorry, I couldn't resist. But seriously, I've got another dedicated
> server going up tomorrow... if you want a spot on it let me know,
> we'll work out a good rate.

I am going to wait until my current contract is up. I think that is
this fall. Of course, if things keep going like they are, I may have to
move it sooner. :)