From: Rasha on
iam using RDP 6 on WinXP SP2 to access Windows server 2003 SP1; there is a
certificate has been installed on Windows 2003 and WinXP to provide SSL RDP
when i try to establish the connection i receive a window asking for the
credential before establishing the connection, i expect if i provide wrong
credentials i should receive a warning and the connection doesn't establish
but this is not the case
when i provide wrong credential, it continues then the server window appear
and seems trying my previously credential provided and discover it is wrong
and give me a message
i edited the Server Authentication option to "Don't connect if
authentication fails" but seems it is only has meaning with the certificate
status not with itial credential prompt

does this the correct scenario?

when i feel that prompt for credential before establish the connection has
no meaning i tried to disable its appearence by adding
enablecredsspsupport:i:0 to default.rdp and it already has prompt for
credentials:i:0
but the credential prompt still appear
how can i override that?

we provide this solution of securing RDP connection for the servers in our
organization how can we prevent the users from connecting if they provide
intial wrong credentials?

thanks in advance
From: Kudrat Sapaev on
Hi Rasha,

Open the RDP client and press on Options.
In the General tab untick"Allow me to save credentials"