From: reportyemi on
i split access 2007 into FE and BE. When I fill the form ,it accesses the
tables for information. When i now try to access the previous patients
record, i am able to get a blank record instead of the last record of an
inputed patient. However when i look at the table, the information is there.
Why is the previous record not coming back on the form so i can continue to
input further info on the patient
From: vvariety on
On Apr 27, 8:57 am, reportyemi <reporty...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> sorry in case this shows up twice. Setting up patient record. Access 2007 is
> split manually and forms and querries in FE and only tables in BE.  When we
> input into form , it creates a record which is seen on the table. However
> when we try to access the previous patient record , only a new blank form
> appears. Yet the old records are there. Whats going on?
>
>  Thanks

is it that the form used to open a data entry screen to a new record
will not reflect all records, although the previous record is there.
In which case you may have to find and edit the record.
From: reportyemi on
I am unsure what the response means. But i cant get to bring up previous
records when i click the previous patient button . Yet looking at the table
the information goes to, the record is created.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:28:01 -0700, reportyemi
<reportyemi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am unsure what the response means. But i cant get to bring up previous
>records when i click the previous patient button . Yet looking at the table
>the information goes to, the record is created.

Open the Form (not the table) in design view.

Look at its Properties.

I'm guessing that the property named Data Entry is set to Yes.

Change it to No.

That's exactly what the Data Entry property is for: to create a form that lets
you only add new records, not view old ones.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Wayne-I-M on
Do you have DataEntry = Yes in the form's property.
Do you have something like GoTo1stRecord anywhere in your form's setup

If not you could give more details of the set up

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.