From: m_s on
People in our office print powerpoint(.ppt and pptx files) documents
from their browsers(Internet Explorer 7/8) to a Toshiba estudio 450
series. When they do it from a browser, they CANNOT see the grayscale
option they can choose which can ensure the documents are printed in
black and white(thereby saving printer ink). They can see the option if they
save the powerpoint document to their local machine and try printing
it from there.

Is there a way, they can choose the grayscale option to print while
printing the document from the browser window? I understand, there is a way
the registry can be modified so that the document does not open in the
browser window, but as a separate file in a temp folder, but our office users
don't want that.

We have MS Office 2007 on our office computers.

1) What version of PowerPoint are you using?
MS powerpoint 2007

2) What operating system are you using? Some PowerPoint "features" are
dependent on which OS you are running. This is especially true if you are
doing cross platform stuff.
Some users have Win XP Professional 32 bit Service Pack 3 and others Windows
Vista Business edition 32 bit

3) Is this presentation for use via PPT itself or via the Viewer? If the
Viewer is involved, the answers can change radically.

via PPT itself

4) What are you trying to do? Not just, what is the current question, but
what is the end goal. It may just turn out that there is an easier way to get
there.
End goal is to save printer ink for ppt files printed when opened from
browser(IE 7 or IE 8).

Read the manual for Toshiba e450 series. That does not help. The manual
explains how to print on Toshiba, not how powerpoint(one of the many
applications from where printing is done) can be configured to print in a
particular fashion on Toshiba. What I want can be done if i print to the
printer when the powerpoint file is on the local machine, but not when it is
opened from the browser. It revolves more on powerpoint configuring when it
is opened from a browser than configuring/finding a setting on the printer.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.