From: mmm on
I have the same problem as the topicstarter.
As topicstarer already specified, giving users Power rights is unwise, and thus no solution.

Alan Morris [MSFT] wrote:

then you will need to add the users to Power Users group-- Alan MorrisWindows
30-Mar-09

then you will need to add the users to Power Users group

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"jafaruddin" <jafaruddin.3pq9rc(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

On Friday, March 27, 2009 2:06 AM
jafaruddin wrote:

RDP - Local Printer Permission
So we have few Win2003 servers (running SP2) for users to use.
Issue: local printing works, but the users don't have the permission to
manage the printers (users are in Remote Desktop User group), even their
own local printers. They can print and manage their documents, but not
the printer.

I know I can put them into Power User Group, but I don't really want to
do that. The other thing as well, putting them into the Printer Operator
group doesn't work either. Any help?

--
jafaruddin
jafaruddin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/85492.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

On Friday, March 27, 2009 12:36 PM
Alan Morris [MSFT] wrote:

If you add the users to Print Operators, you will also need to add the Print
If you add the users to Print Operators, you will also need to add the Print
Operators group to admin the printer or just give the user Manage Printer
rights on the security tab of the printer. I'd just check all the boxes.

Manage printer right will not allow a user to add print drivers or create a
new Port for the printer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"jafaruddin" <jafaruddin.3pp1bb(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

On Friday, March 27, 2009 5:38 PM
jafaruddin wrote:

Thanks, Alan.
Thanks, Alan.
The issue with that is that the printer is created when the users
login, since it is their local printers (they connect to it via a print
server, but the printer is created when their session starts), so I
can't really add Print Operators to the printers that don't exist yet.

Yes, I can manually add the permission in once they're logged in, but
I'll have to do that every time because the permission will be reset
once they're logged out. I don't want to spend my day doing that. :)

--
jafaruddin
jafaruddin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/85492.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1148973.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

On Monday, March 30, 2009 2:18 PM
Alan Morris [MSFT] wrote:

then you will need to add the users to Power Users group-- Alan MorrisWindows
then you will need to add the users to Power Users group

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

Entity Framework 4.0 POCO-First development and POCO Template
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/488279c4-214b-47ef-b152-955f3795ee13/entity-framework-40-poco.aspx
From: Alan Morris [MSFT] on
Server 2008 R2. Normal users with Print Administration rights can add
printers. An administrator will still need to add print drivers to the
driverstore before the print admin can add a printer using this driver.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team