From: Jean-Philippe Battu on
Hello

I would like to print a string formatted on the right side and fill in
the left side with the unsecable character [ ]

I read in the printf command I could use : printf( "%#30s" , $mystring ) ;
to display $mystring string with the character # before (on the left)

and I try to replace # by   but I can't find a solution

Do you know the solution to write the command: printf(
"% 30s" , $mystring ) ;
or something like that !

Best regards and take care !

--
Jean-Philippe Battu
http://jeanpba.homeip.net

From: Chris on
Jean-Philippe Battu wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to print a string formatted on the right side and fill in
> the left side with the unsecable character [ ]
>
> I read in the printf command I could use : printf( "%#30s" , $mystring ) ;
> to display $mystring string with the character # before (on the left)
>
> and I try to replace # by   but I can't find a solution
>
> Do you know the solution to write the command: printf(
> "% 30s" , $mystring ) ;
> or something like that !

echo str_repeat(' ', 30);

(if I understand what you're trying to do correctly).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

From: Richard Quadling on
2010/1/4 Chris <dmagick(a)gmail.com>:
> Jean-Philippe Battu wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I would like  to print a string formatted on the right side and fill in
>> the left side with the unsecable character [&nbsp;]
>>
>> I read in the printf command I could use : printf( "%#30s" , $mystring ) ;
>> to display $mystring string with the character # before (on the left)
>>
>> and I try to replace # by &nbsp; but I can't find a solution
>>
>> Do you know the solution to write the command:          printf(
>> "%&nbsp;30s" , $mystring ) ;
>> or something like that !
>
> echo str_repeat('&nbsp;', 30);
>
> (if I understand what you're trying to do correctly).
>
> --
> Postgresql & php tutorials
> http://www.designmagick.com/

<?php
$mystring = 'Hello, world!';
echo str_replace('#', '&nbsp;', str_pad($mystring, 30, '#', STR_PAD_LEFT));
?>

outputs ...

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Hello,
world!

--
-----
Richard Quadling