From: ENein on
Whenever we try to print Access 2003 reports to our Color LaserJet 3550n
printer, we get the following error:

PCL XL error
Subsystem: Kernel
Error: ColorSpaceMismatch
Operator: VendorUniquea
Position: 9

We've contacted HP and they maintain this is an issue with Microsoft: "At
this time Access really needs a PS driver." It seems multiple people are
having this issue and have posted to HP's support forum but HP has not
offered a solution other than using a different model's beta driver. The
only update for Office that I can see would be relevant is SP2, which our
users have already installed.

Has anyone else seen this issue and/or found a workaround for it?
From: George Nicholson on
> We've contacted HP and they maintain this is an issue with Microsoft: "At
> this time Access really needs a PS driver."

lol, what a crock...

>Has anyone else seen this issue and/or found a workaround for it?

Yeah, avoid using HP products until they are mature enough to be considered
"obsolete".

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

From: NewSysAdmin on
We have been having the exact same error message with the same printer for
Access 2003 reports. This has been an issue for us for 3 months now. I
have posted to HP's forums, as well as this one, and have not gotten any
solution other than use a different printer.

It's a little reassurance to know others are having the same problem.
Please let me know if you find a solution. Thank you.

"George Nicholson" wrote:

> > We've contacted HP and they maintain this is an issue with Microsoft: "At
> > this time Access really needs a PS driver."
>
> lol, what a crock...
>
> >Has anyone else seen this issue and/or found a workaround for it?
>
> Yeah, avoid using HP products until they are mature enough to be considered
> "obsolete".
>
> HTH,
> --
> George Nicholson
>
> Remove 'Junk' from return address.
>

> "ENein" <ENein(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever we try to print Access 2003 reports to our Color LaserJet 3550n
> > printer, we get the following error:
> >
> > PCL XL error
> > Subsystem: Kernel
> > Error: ColorSpaceMismatch
> > Operator: VendorUniquea
> > Position: 9
> >
> > We've contacted HP and they maintain this is an issue with Microsoft: "At
> > this time Access really needs a PS driver." It seems multiple people are
> > having this issue and have posted to HP's support forum but HP has not
> > offered a solution other than using a different model's beta driver. The
> > only update for Office that I can see would be relevant is SP2, which our
> > users have already installed.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this issue and/or found a workaround for it?

Pages: 1
Prev: Flexgrid in Access?
Next: Error 1309