From: g on

The report is printing some 7 fields from a Table which has 14 fields.
The report gets its data(to be displayed) from a single table only.
In the layout view in Access 2007, it looks fine as I want it. But, in
the Print Preview, I notice there are 2 blank pages after one record.
Also, the first three pages of the report are blank. I deleted the last
record from the table. Could that be causing that? I have closed and
restarted Access 2007, but still the first three pages are blank in
Print Preview.

1. What could be the cause for first three blank pages? How can I fix it?

2. For the 2 blank pages after each record, what can I do to fix it?

Any advice would be welcome.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:17:57 -0400, g <g_1(a)g.com> wrote:

>The report is printing some 7 fields from a Table which has 14 fields.
>The report gets its data(to be displayed) from a single table only.
>In the layout view in Access 2007, it looks fine as I want it. But, in
>the Print Preview, I notice there are 2 blank pages after one record.
>Also, the first three pages of the report are blank. I deleted the last
>record from the table. Could that be causing that? I have closed and
>restarted Access 2007, but still the first three pages are blank in
>Print Preview.
>

>1. What could be the cause for first three blank pages? How can I fix it?
>
>2. For the 2 blank pages after each record, what can I do to fix it?
>
>Any advice would be welcome.

The most common cause of this is having an explicit "new page" in the report
design - in the report header, the detail section, or some other section.
Check the properties of the report and see if there's anything in the "Force
New Page" property of any of the report sections.

You can get *trailing* blank pages if the size of the page extends into the
margins. Doublecheck the size of the report text area against the size of the
paper minus the left, right, top and bottom margins.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]