From: (PeteCresswell) on
We have an immediate need to convert an MS Access 2003 app and
it's 2003 back end DB to 2007.

We do not want or need any of 2007's functionality at this
moment.

I'm thinking maybe the safest path would be to use each of those
DBs as 2003 .MDB files and just execute with 2007 -
converting/testing at some later date when we're not under the
gun any more.

Does this work for anybody? Or should I bite the bullet and
convert/test now rather than later?
--
PeteCresswell
From: Bob Alston on
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> We have an immediate need to convert an MS Access 2003 app and
> it's 2003 back end DB to 2007.
>
> We do not want or need any of 2007's functionality at this
> moment.
>
> I'm thinking maybe the safest path would be to use each of those
> DBs as 2003 .MDB files and just execute with 2007 -
> converting/testing at some later date when we're not under the
> gun any more.
>
> Does this work for anybody? Or should I bite the bullet and
> convert/test now rather than later?

Why????????
From: (PeteCresswell) on
Per Bob Alston:
>(PeteCresswell) wrote:
>> We have an immediate need to convert an MS Access 2003 app and
>> it's 2003 back end DB to 2007.
>>
>> We do not want or need any of 2007's functionality at this
>> moment.
>>
>> I'm thinking maybe the safest path would be to use each of those
>> DBs as 2003 .MDB files and just execute with 2007 -
>> converting/testing at some later date when we're not under the
>> gun any more.
>>
>> Does this work for anybody? Or should I bite the bullet and
>> convert/test now rather than later?
>

>Why????????

Why what? Convert or run as 2003?

--
PeteCresswell
From: Douglas J. Steele on
You should be fine simply using the existing MDB files.

Check http://www.allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html at Allen Browne's site for
more information when you are ready to convert.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele/AccessIndex.html

From: Arvin Meyer on
I would not convert at all. Just leave it alone. If you do not need later
version features, there is no reason to "upgrade" the app.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com