From: Roger on
using access97, with a folder of PDF documents, one per item, created
by the supplier and provided in pdf form

I added an unbound object frame to my report with these settings
OLE CLASS = Adobe Acrobat 8.0
DISPLAY TYPE = CONTENT
UPDATE OPTIONS = AUTOMATIC
OLE TYPE = LINKED
CLASS = AcroExch.Document.7
SOURCE DOC = c:\folder\10.PDF

and the report properly prints document 10.pdf

in design mode, if I change the document to 11.PDF and save the report
when I reopen it, it says 11.pdf, but still prints 10.pdf

I tried using the details section's onFormat event to change the
sourceDoc, but the unbound control does not allow access to the
sourceDoc property in vba

what am I missing ?
is there a way to, on the fly, specify which pdf document to print ?
From: Roger on
On Dec 4, 11:54 am, Roger <lesperan...(a)natpro.com> wrote:
> using access97, with a folder of PDF documents, one per item, created
> by the supplier and provided in pdf form
>
> I added an unbound object frame to my report with these settings
>   OLE CLASS = Adobe Acrobat 8.0
>   DISPLAY TYPE = CONTENT
>   UPDATE OPTIONS = AUTOMATIC
>   OLE TYPE = LINKED
>   CLASS = AcroExch.Document.7
>   SOURCE DOC = c:\folder\10.PDF
>
> and the report properly prints document 10.pdf
>
> in design mode, if I change the document to 11.PDF and save the report
> when I reopen it, it says 11.pdf, but still prints 10.pdf
>
> I tried using the details section's onFormat event to change the
> sourceDoc, but the unbound control does not allow access to the
> sourceDoc property in vba
>
> what am I missing ?
> is there a way to, on the fly, specify which pdf document to print ?

the same control, on a form, allows me to change the source document
using
With OLEUnbound
.Locked = False
.Enabled = True
.SourceDoc = "c:\folder\11.PDF"
.OLETypeAllowed = acOLELinked
.Action = acOLECreateLink
.Locked = True
.Enabled = False
End With

but even if this VBA works with the control on a report, it will only
print page 1 of a multipage pdf document... is there any way to print
a multiple page PDF within a report ?
From: Roger on
On Dec 4, 11:54 am, Roger <lesperan...(a)natpro.com> wrote:
> using access97, with a folder of PDF documents, one per item, created
> by the supplier and provided in pdf form
>
> I added an unbound object frame to my report with these settings
>   OLE CLASS = Adobe Acrobat 8.0
>   DISPLAY TYPE = CONTENT
>   UPDATE OPTIONS = AUTOMATIC
>   OLE TYPE = LINKED
>   CLASS = AcroExch.Document.7
>   SOURCE DOC = c:\folder\10.PDF
>
> and the report properly prints document 10.pdf
>
> in design mode, if I change the document to 11.PDF and save the report
> when I reopen it, it says 11.pdf, but still prints 10.pdf
>
> I tried using the details section's onFormat event to change the
> sourceDoc, but the unbound control does not allow access to the
> sourceDoc property in vba
>
> what am I missing ?
> is there a way to, on the fly, specify which pdf document to print ?

looks like using the shell() is the easiest way to do this