From: aaronep on
I have Windows XP w/svc pack 2 installed on computer. All was working
well til this a.m. when attempting to boot computer the usual first
screen with Windows Emblem in color appears and then after 2 minutes
error message appears saying there is problem with file "sisgrv".
It says the problem is with device itself or with device driver
programming the hardware incorrectly.

The computer does start & shut off properly in SAFE mode.

I do not know what hardware "sisgrv" operates.

Would running service pack 2 help?

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem welcomed.

Aaron

From: Oksana Gutteridge on
In news:1171662965.457847.275990(a)s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com,
aaronep(a)pacbell.net <aaronep(a)pacbell.net> typed:
> I have Windows XP w/svc pack 2 installed on computer. All was working
> well til this a.m. when attempting to boot computer the usual first
> screen with Windows Emblem in color appears and then after 2 minutes
> error message appears saying there is problem with file "sisgrv".
> It says the problem is with device itself or with device driver
> programming the hardware incorrectly.
>
> The computer does start & shut off properly in SAFE mode.
>
> I do not know what hardware "sisgrv" operates.
>
> Would running service pack 2 help?
>
> Any suggestions on how to correct this problem welcomed.
>
> Aaron

You could try Googling on sisgrv. I do it all the time.

From: philo on

<aaronep(a)pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I have Windows XP w/svc pack 2 installed on computer. All was working
> well til this a.m. when attempting to boot computer the usual first
> screen with Windows Emblem in color appears and then after 2 minutes
> error message appears saying there is problem with file "sisgrv".
> It says the problem is with device itself or with device driver
> programming the hardware incorrectly.
>
> The computer does start & shut off properly in SAFE mode.
>
> I do not know what hardware "sisgrv" operates.
>
> Would running service pack 2 help?

Looks like it's part of your "Sis" video driver.

from safe mode try a system restore and take it back a few days

Pages: 1
Prev: Install XP from HDD
Next: Dual Core Question?