From: varun_agr on
hi
In virtexpro/spartan3a/spartan3 kit when we using system clock(100Mz/50Mhz)
and take this clock on i/o pin(by writing VHDL program) on digital C.R.O.
it will show corrupred signal , I also tried this by DCM CORE GENERATOR
again it is giving wrong o/p. Can anybody suggested me solution of this
problem.

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Ed McGettigan on
On May 13, 12:30 pm, "varun_agr" <VARUN_AGR(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.YAHOO.COM>
wrote:
> hi
> In virtexpro/spartan3a/spartan3 kit when we using system clock(100Mz/50Mhz)
> and take this clock on i/o pin(by writing VHDL program) on digital C.R.O.
> it will show corrupred signal , I also tried this by DCM CORE GENERATOR
> again it is giving wrong o/p. Can anybody suggested me solution of this
> problem.
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

Based on your post you have the exact same behaviour on three
different families, Virtex-II Pro, Spartan-3A and Spartan-3. This is
strong indication that physical implementions are an exact match with
the VHDL code that you wrote.

Since you never indicated what your intended output was, what the
output actually appears as nor the VHDL code it is unlikely that
anyone can help you.

Ed McGettigan
--
Xilinx Inc.
From: jt_eaton on
>hi
>In virtexpro/spartan3a/spartan3 kit when we using system
clock(100Mz/50Mhz)
>and take this clock on i/o pin(by writing VHDL program) on digital C.R.O.
>it will show corrupred signal , I also tried this by DCM CORE GENERATOR
>again it is giving wrong o/p. Can anybody suggested me solution of this
>problem.
>

>---------------------------------------
>Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com

How are you measuring this? scope? probe? analyzer?

Try dividing it down by 100 and see if you can measure that.

What is you pad drive current set to?

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Andy Peters on
On May 13, 8:17 pm, "jt_eaton"
<z3qmtr45(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> >hi
> >In virtexpro/spartan3a/spartan3 kit when we using system
> clock(100Mz/50Mhz)
> >and take this clock on i/o pin(by writing VHDL program) on digital C.R.O..
> >it will show corrupred signal , I also tried this by DCM CORE GENERATOR
> >again it is giving wrong o/p. Can anybody suggested me solution of this
> >problem.

> >Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com
>
> How are you measuring this? scope? probe? analyzer?

He said "digital C.R.O." Funny, my digital scope does not have a
cathode ray tube!

-a