From: Louis Krupp on
On 5/26/2010 2:46 AM, rudra wrote:
> On May 26, 1:15 pm, Louis Krupp<lkrupp_nos...(a)indra.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>>
>> As a wild guess, you might be compiling your main program with -openmp
>> and your module without it.
>
> You are right. The module in question(in LMTO-A) is compiled without
> openmp while those in ASR is with openmp. But the subroutine in
> question is always called outside the openmp region

I'll repeat my question: If you compile everything without -openmp,
what happens? What happens if you compile everything with -openmp?

If compiling part of it one way and part of it another is a problem,
then don't do that. If, for some reason, you have to do it that way,
then someone who understands openmp might be able to help you.

Louis

From: Les Neilson on

"rudra" <bnrj.rudra(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> If you do not mind a long post, plz let me allow to post the code
> snippets.
> You can, if you plz, check the thread
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=74110
> in intel forum as the full code are attached there.

Apart from all the modules that are USEd by main.f90

First I tried to cut down main - cutting out everything except the
declarations and the calls to lm_a and lm_end.
AND I put lm_a and lm_end into modules "m_lma" and "m_lm_end" respectively
(which you said you could not do but I don't know why)
I then added USE m_lm_a and USE m_lm_end to main

I got the following :

This was for the call to lm_a
"ivftest\main.F90(132): error #6784: The number of actual arguments cannot
be greater than the number of dummy arguments."
whish was pointed out by mecej4

and for the call to lm_end
ivftest\main.F90(161): error #6784: The number of actual arguments cannot be
greater than the number of dummy arguments.

and several of the form :
ivftest\main.F90(132): error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs
from the type of the dummy argument.

whether these are real mismatches or
caused by the displacement of the actual vs dummy arguments or
were caused by my not having the modules for main
I can't say (I didn't look too closely)

then I got "too many errors compilation aborted"

Les

From: rudra on
There is no improvement/change when I compiled everything without
openmp

From: dpb on
rudra wrote:
> On May 26, 6:13 pm, dpb <n...(a)non.net> wrote:
>> In general, my advice is to step back and reconsider the structure of
>> this mess and do something about that first. If you've had six months
>> of no joy going this route it seems clear it's time to look for a path
>> to the freeway instead of trying the off-road track over the mountains
>> on foot.
>
> In this case, please suggest me some way out. ...

My standard rates apply.

I don't see how you can expect somebody to look at this as a service and
solve your problem in a few minutes if you've been unable to do so in
six months.

I also don't know where the specific source you're posting came from or
what you've done with it but I'm pretty sure I'd only consider starting
from the beginning point prior to any mucking around and with an
objective from that point rather than trying to patch up this.

From: mecej4 on
rudra wrote:

> I know its quite messy to find things out from this. Is there any way

E.J. Dijkstra's Rule-1 for programmers: DON'T MAKE A MESS.

> or if someone is interested,

There are some people who repeatedly and vociferously ask for help but, when
good advice is given benevolently, either ignore it or dismiss it without
much thought. Of such people it is sometimes said that "they adamantly want
to remain helpless, so there is no point helping them".

And then there are others who, after having repeatedly tried a method to
solve a problem and having failed every time, persist in making more
attempts with the same method with the hope that some day it will bring
them success.

Do you want to be in either of these categories?

Three people have told you that your subroutine calls have the arguments
mismatched in number and type. So far you have ignored these posts.

> I can send the full package...I am
> struggling with this problem for last 6 month(if not more).

No, keep it, and struggle as long as it pleases you or it is your lot in
life, since that seems to be your chosen path to bliss.

> Plz help

Sorry, no more. It's wasted effort, given the target. There is an old saying
that one should not try to squeeze butter out of a piece of granite.

-- mecej4