From: jan on
Hi,
i installed a oracle database 10 instance with scrips

CreateDB.sql
CreateDBFiles.sql
xdb_protocol.sql
labelSecurity.sql
spatial.sql
context.sql
CreateDBCatalog.sql
JServer.sql
odm.sql
ordinst.sql
interMedia.sql
postDBCreation.sql
emRepository.sql
cwmlite.sql

and all the log files from this scripts are ok
but there is a log file emConfig.log in this log file are
errors.

CONFIG: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

Who create this log file ????
I want to run the install again - but i don't know who create the log
file - so - whitch script i have to start?
the log file from emRepository.sql is correct.

Is there anyone who can help me to install the em?

thanks
From: joel garry on
On Dec 16, 4:49 am, jan <janmben...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> i installed a oracle database 10 instance with scrips
>
> CreateDB.sql
> CreateDBFiles.sql
> xdb_protocol.sql
> labelSecurity.sql
> spatial.sql
> context.sql
> CreateDBCatalog.sql
> JServer.sql
> odm.sql
> ordinst.sql
> interMedia.sql
> postDBCreation.sql
> emRepository.sql
> cwmlite.sql
>
> and all the log files from this scripts are ok
> but there is a log file     emConfig.log   in this log file are
> errors.
>
> CONFIG: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

That error inevitably means the environment settings such as
ORACLE_SID are incorrect, or you haven't started Oracle. I suspect
you got this when you ran the repository script and hadn't started the
repository database. I haven't done it this way, so I wouldn't know.

> Who create this log file ????
> I want to run the install again - but i don't know who create the log
> file - so - whitch script i have to start?
> the log file from emRepository.sql is correct.
>
> Is there anyone who can help me to install the em?
>
> thanks

If there is anything wrong, I would just wipe all EM stuff and start
over with it in its own home. You may be able to fix this with emca
script options, or you may descend into emca hell.

The patch level you are at makes a big difference, as does patching
itself. Many platform-specific issues, too.

Is there a reason you are using scripts rather than an installer? If
you do it yourself, you have to be able to figure out yourself what
creates what log. Actually you need to do that anyway, but you can at
least get away with relying on support if you follow supported
methods. You could try asking support, personally, I've had mixed
results with anything having to do with em, though I blame the
fragility of the product more than the support org. Do you want grid
control or just dbconsole?

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
What's the stupidest thing you've ever done in your career?