From: iNewbie on
hi, we have a sql server 2000 sp3 on a w2003 and some days ago we installed
sp4 to that sql instance. We are having some big problems with queries really
slow down, taking to much long to complete or locking to themselves, ie. spid
105 locked by spid 105 if you throw a sp_who2.
i've read that this was a common problem with sp4, so, is there any way to
solve this? some hotfix that i don't know or something? i wouldn't like to
detach databases, install sql server again, and reatach all databases....

thanks for any help!
From: Jay on
This probably isn't it, but have you made sure statistics are updated?

From: iNewbie on
no, is not the problem but thanks for your reply.

anyone? please some help...