From: rupesh on
Hi
i am using oracle 10g R2 (vista release) on windows vista home Premium
machine when i try to start isqlplus i get this error.
CNTService::Install,Failed call to open SCM,Error:5,Access is denied.
after clicking OK on this window i get
Failed to start the service,Error:0, the operation completed
successfully.
can any body here please tell me how to solve this error.
From: sybrandb on
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:24:28 -0700 (PDT), rupesh <rupeshvin(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>i am using oracle 10g R2 (vista release) on windows vista home Premium
>machine when i try to start isqlplus i get this error.
>CNTService::Install,Failed call to open SCM,Error:5,Access is denied.
>after clicking OK on this window i get
>Failed to start the service,Error:0, the operation completed
>successfully.
>can any body here please tell me how to solve this error.

Oracle doesn't support Windows Vista *Home*.
It already didn't support Windows XP *Home*.

You are on your own.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA