From: irfan on
I made a C language program in xp but now when I am running it in windows 7
64 it is not running... it is showing compatibility problem..
what should I do if I want to make a simple C program that should run on
win7 64.

From: Carlos on
Hi,
Not an easy answer but first things first.
Right click on the executable file, Properties and go to the Compatibility
tab.
Make the necessary checks in order to make it run in Windows XP
compatibility mode.
That might help.
Also take into account that 16-bit executables will not run in 64-bit OSs,
neither programs that require loading 32-bit drivers.
Last resort is not "The Alamo", but running a 32-bit XP virtual machine
inside Windows 7 64-bit.
Carlos

From: Bobby Johnson on
I have read that the Windows Driver Kit from Microsoft is free and has a
C compiler in it that does 64-bit as well as 32-bit programs.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=36a2630f-5d56-43b5-b996-7633f2ec14ff