From: Dale Schroeder on
On 05/26/2010 9:00 PM, Thomas Gutzler wrote:
> On 27/05/2010 4:19 AM, Harry Jede wrote:

>> Or my favorite upgrade path:
>> # testparm -v -s /dev/null> smb.conf.default-$(smbd -V|cut -f2 -d' ')
>> Run this before and after upgrading samba
>>
>> To get a small host specific file without the services:
>> # testparm -s --section-name=global> smb.conf.$HOSTNAME-$(smbd -V|
>> cut -f2 -d' ')
>>
> It's a bit late to run it before the upgrade now but I found another
> machine running jaunty (enjoy), so I installed samba and ran testparm
> with the smb.conf from the updated machine (fintlewoodlewix). Here's the
> diff between the two defaults (without the line numbers):
> # diff smb.conf.default-3.3.2 smb.conf.default-3.4.0
> < netbios name = ENJOY
>
>> netbios name = FINTLEWOODLEWIX
>>
> < server string = Samba 3.3.2
>
>> server string = Samba 3.4.0
>>
> < config backend = file
> < passdb backend = smbpasswd
>
>> passdb backend = tdbsam
>>
> < use kerberos keytab = No
>
>> dedicated keytab file =
>> kerberos method = default
>> map untrusted to domain = No

I recall you saying that you had accounted for the default passdb
backend change in 3.4.0.
That leaves the authentications changes as the other big difference with
3.4.0.
I don't recall you saying whether or not KRIKKIT is in the domain. If
KRIKKIT is not in the domain, try setting

map untrusted to domain = Yes

on the box that is giving you problems.

Dale

On 28/05/2010 3:14 AM, Dale Schroeder wrote:

> I recall you saying that you had accounted for the default passdb
> backend change in 3.4.0.
> That leaves the authentications changes as the other big difference with
> 3.4.0.
> I don't recall you saying whether or not KRIKKIT is in the domain. If
> KRIKKIT is not in the domain, try setting
>
> map untrusted to domain = Yes
>
> on the box that is giving you problems.

That fixed it.
And I really don't know why I didn't spot that from the output I posted.
I must have been assuming identical behaviour for PDC and domain member,
which isn't the case for map untrusted to domain.

Thanks for your help!

Tom