From: kt on
i am trying to update windows vista sp2, but i keep getting an error
0x80070409. Anyone have any ideas what this is?
From: Peter Foldes on
See the following
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasp/thread/130d0784-a005-4771-89f4-4ba642589355/

--
Peter

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
SP2 Prerequisite Updates include:

• Description of the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 installation
software feature update (28 Apr-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955430

• Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista...
(22 Sept-09
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Have KB955430 and KB947821 been installed yet?

LOOK!! => Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available
for Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support for
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) is valid until November 26, 2009.
Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic
location. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).

You'll find additional support for Vista SP2 issues in
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general newsgroup and in these forums:

• http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads/

• http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistainstall/threads

• http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasp/threads/
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: jo on
i need to update my windows xp professional to service pack 3 but wen i dow
it on update whit microsoft update it gives me this error number 0x80072EFF
can you tell me how it to fix tank you

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
see http://lmgtfy.com/?q=0x80072EFF%2Bsp3%2Bwinxp

or begin a new thread about /your/ problem

jo wrote:
> i need to update my windows xp professional to service pack 3 but wen i
> dow
> it on update whit microsoft update it gives me this error number
> 0x80072EFF
> can you tell me how it to fix tank you
<SNIP HIJACKED THREAD>