From: Kristin Isaacs on
I have a SAS/AF interface that calls a very complex simulation model that is
in the form of a nested macro language program. Is there a way I can update
a progress bar on the calling frame at different points in the macro
program? I can't break the program up into multiple submit blocks. I
thought of using proc display at different points in the macro execution to
call scl code, but can one access component attributes associated with a
frame instance from a different scl program (not the frame scl)?

My other option is to create a progress bar in base SAS using %window and
%display (similar to other examples on this listserv), but this looks ugly
and inconsistent with the SAS/AF window style. Does anyone have any
nice-looking examples of using %window or the data step equivalent?

Thanks in advance.

Kristin Isaacs