From: Fred on
I want to project my notes pages to an on stage monitor in while my presentation (sans my notes) are projected behind me...I will run my notes from a second computer... How can I do it?

C# : Image operations performer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bbace980-2554-48d7-9421-73dc29ed3b21/c--image-operations-per.aspx
From: Lucy Thomson on
Hi Fred

See if Presenter View will do what you want with your set up:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/HA100673831033.aspx?pid=CH100668261033

Lucy

--
Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP

From: LVTravel on

"Fred Schiebel" wrote in message news:201012716340fschiebel(a)aol.com...
> I want to project my notes pages to an on stage monitor in while my
> presentation (sans my notes) are projected behind me...I will run my notes
> from a second computer... How can I do it?

> C# : Image operations performer
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bbace980-2554-48d7-9421-73dc29ed3b21/c--image-operations-per.aspx

You can do it with a laptop computer using Presenter View mode. When that
mode is selected and you have a projector hooked to the external monitor
port on the laptop the computer sends just the slide image to the projector
but has a special window on the laptop's screen that provides a small slide
image and the speaker notes plus slide control buttons. Position the laptop
where you can see it's screen. (Slide Show, Set Up Show after you have let
the computer know about the second monitor (Projector.)

If you want the notes run on a second computer while the first computer is
showing the slides then you would need some way to advance two computer's
simultaneously. This is NOT an easy thing to do but I do think that there
are some physical devices that can be hooked to two computers to do what you
want. Using a laptop and projector is the absolute easiest way to do what
you want.

From: Chirag on
Hi Fred,

You can show your notes from the same PC instead of a second one by adding a
display output to your computer. A simple way to add a display to your PC is
to use a USB to VGA Display Adapter. There are quite a few available in the
market and some of them are listed at
http://officeone.mvps.org/multi_monitor/multi_monitor_cards.html

After you have your additional display on the same computer, you can use the
Presenter View as described in the other replies or you can have a dedicated
full screen Notes view by using PowerShow available at
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html. The instructions at
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/tips_view_notes_slideshow.html show how
to setup PowerShow for showing full-screen notes with your own formatting on
a different display.

- Chirag

Embed Video and Audio files in PowerPoint presentations
http://officeone.mvps.org/protools/protools_embed_media.html